Unity Festival 2017

By Evie Lavers - July 14, 2017

2017 has been the rockiest rollercoaster of years to date. Devastating loss paired with heartache & homesickness has thankfully been balanced out with personal growth, exciting careers opportunities and flourishing friendships. And finally. After all these years of bragging how I was going to grow old in Perth, a feeling of extreme contentment has evolved from my love for our tiny town. Which I’ve found here in the heart of the Kootenay's.

This area has so much to offer, I know I haven’t even touched the tip of it. After hiding away healing most of the winter I’ve spent the last few hours reflecting and manifesting on what’s could evolve for the remainder of 2017. Re-setting my goals, processing what is and what could be, I’ve truly acknowledged where I am and where I want to be. The best bit about that is… I know where it is, here in beautiful BC.

Though this week didn’t go completely to my plan. I feel someone or something was/is trying to tell me slow down, chill the f*ck out. Stay local. To enjoy the area that immediately surrounds me. You know the saying "smell the roses in my own backyard". Swim in one of our lovely lakes and to create & communicate with my local community. In other words; the last 2 months have been bloody hectic and now it’s time for me to truly enjoy a summer’s Saturday in the Slocan with my pals.


So that’s what I’m going to do. For all my friends back home… Deep in the Kootenay's Mountain Region lies the sexy Slocan Lake. This weekend the The Slocan Valley Cultural Alliance creates the 3 day festival dedicated to promoting Music, Art, Dance and Culture called Unity Festival. I’m heading along for all the reason above and to;

  1. Support Mary Beth at her African Drumming Dance debut
  2. To FINALLY catch BCDC perform (You guessed it, they’re Canada’ best ACDC cover band)
  3. To have an overdue dance to my favourite live local electronic duo Intersect.
  4. To start my 2017 Summer Festival Camping adventures in my new whip!
  5. And lastly, to not work and have an extreme amount of fun for 24 hours.

So who’s with me? Weekend passes are only $100 (bargain, am I right. or am I right!)and if camping is not your thing grab a day pass here.

Get live updates on my Instagram story from Unity Festival here and check back in the coming weeks for my review.
xXx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments