Bass Coast 2017

By Evie Lavers - July 02, 2017

Since moving to British Columbia the local festival buzz has been about Bass Coast, held annually in Merrit, BC. The four day, multi-stage electronic music festival delivers a bass bonzar of over 100 acts. With tickets selling out months in advanced, I'm super psyched to see what all the fuss AND fancy outfits are about! Today I created my schedule, Spotify playlist and top festival favourites that I’ll be front and centre for!

I first discovered Sango from Ta-ku’s REϟWRK VOL​.​II from “Owe Me” back in 2013, the track became a staple on many mixes when trap was evolving in Australia. Sango’s collab list is froth worthy; Tinashe, Kaytranada, Goldlink JMSN to name a few and he’s received plentiful praises on his remixes from Little Dragon, The Weeknd and Nas. His beautiful production combines future beats, hip hop, soul and future beats in a delicate delivery. You can catch Sango on Saturday at 10pm -11.15pm on the Main Stage.

Little Simz first came on my radar after she was announced on the PIAF line-up in 2016, the english rapper from London has been making massive moves since then with fast flow and sick bicth attitude, even grabbing Kendrick Lamar’s attention as ‘the illest doing it right now’. Join me Main Stage on Sunday from 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM.

I had the lovely pleasure of meeting Marin Patenaude at Tiny Lights Festival, unfortunately I was running around the festival working that I didn’t have time to check her set. But, I will at now! Kick off your weekend to the soothing sounds of Marin Patenaude before your head gets blown off by MEGA BASS at the Cantina Stage on Thursday 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM.

It’s been a massive journey moving to BC from Australia, one of the best parts has been the musical journey that’s be shared with me by the local community along the way. Which brings me to Shiny Things… positive, happy, sparkly things is all I hear about this Kootenays kid’s sets. See him in the Slay Bay on Friday 5:00 PM - 6:15 PM.

Alix Perez and Eprom hooked up and gave birth to a bass heavy, hip hop love child. They named him SHADES. I’m so excited to see this project come together, both artist I admire immensely. Head home hard n on a massive high by catching Shades on the Main Stage Monday from 12:15 AM - 1:30 AM.

Bass Coast is this coming weekend (7 -10 July) even though tickets have sold out there is an official ticket re-sale option here!

My Bass Coast Spotify Playlist

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments