More Live Music

By Evie Lavers - January 08, 2014



A few weeks ago I found myself taking a some time out of the hectic Breakfest preparations that was December to have a “coffee break” at the Brisbane Hotel. Whilst sipping on a Pims Punch (they gave us a full jug for free because we are way groovy) Kay Be, Genga, Odie and I found ourselves reminiscing about the year that was 2013. I posed the questions to group “What their most memorable gig of the year was?” Listen Out, Next Hype, Breakfest,  Future Music After Party (of years past – sometimes all the years just role into one hey Genga) and Insane Clown Posie where just some of the events that became talking points. But I, I had nothing. I think i would have spent over 100 hours in venue's last year but could not recall any highlights. It became apparent at this point that my passion had become job. Now, I’m not complaining I’m just acknowledging that I’m not doing what makes me happy in my out-of-office hours.

[Big day Out 2014 Announcement]

I love discovering, listening, following and witnessing live music. So one of my goals for 2014 is to attend two live gigs a month. So far for February I’m locking in the Big Day Out wish Ashleigh and The National with Rob Odeasie.

[The National - Sea of Love]

Any local or international shows that you’re heading to or are worth checking out please, let me know by posting them on my Facebook Page HERE

xXx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments