Isolated Yet Inspired | October

By Evie Lavers - October 16, 2016

On the first of August I left Australia on a one way flight from Perth to Canada. After spending 12 months in the dry solitude of the North West Desert the last place I imagined finding myself content would be in a tiny mountain town. Of only ten thousand people. Hidden in British Columbia. 

The isolation I experienced in the desert mining town of Tom Price was confronting and dark. The opposite to this new, simple yet creative life I'm living here in Nelson.  

The music curated below is a selection of tracks from artist's that I've been listening to over the recent weeks. Not a "fresh" collection of works but a playlist for this stage in time. Inspired by leaving the island, seeking new experience and adventures & reflecting on life back home.


Lo & Behold - One Way Ticket



Lower Spectrum - Atlas (Movements 1 & 2) 

Talking Heads - This Must Be The Place

Drapht - Mexico 

Franz Ferdinand cover The Go-Betweens Was There Anything I Could Do?

ShockOne - Home

LCD Sound System - All My Friends

xXx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments