At That Point I Enrolled In This Cert 4 Music Business

By Evie Lavers - July 28, 2011

So here we go, I have been in Mining industry on and off for the last 4 years as a Rigger and Trade Assistant for Boiler Makers and Fitters, previous to that I did a traineeship as a Florist in East Fremantle where I won Western Australia Rising Star Award in 2007 and had my wedding work published in Australian Wedding Magazine for two consecutive years. Last year I moved to melbourne where I realised I wanted "in" into the the music industry. I felt that being a punter was not enough. Over my working years I have not saved a deposit for a house, I have not purchased a car or travelled the world. I have flown myself to and from the West Coast to the East to watch music of many genres being performed and shouted many friends along the way. Whilst in Melbourne I met many inspiring and uninspiring people which had me thinking two very different thoughts "If I believe in me and they believe in me I can do this" and "If they can do this, I can do it better" At that point I enrolled in to the Certificate 4 in Music Business.


My earliest recollections of music is travelling in the passenger seat to my Nanas house in Perth from Wooraloo with my Mum, who was a single parent, driving.  Mum at this stage was a Skyhooks, Fleetwood Mac, Cat Stephens fan but most of all she loved The Divinyls and adored Christina Amphlett.   With that came author Louise Hay and her books and "love yourself" quotes blue tacked around the house in obscure places, such as above light switches and on the back of the toilet door, the two seemed to go hand in hand with each other. I have never really understood why you need inspiration quotes whilst your on the toilet but thats my Mum for you. I'm not saying I did not get my sing-alongs in the car either but as a 5 year old was it that appropriate to be singing " I don't want anybody else, when I think about you I touch myself" so Mum and I had a Sound of Music/ The Jungle Book compromise.


These days my focus is mainly on Hip-Hop. More particular the Australian Hip Hop Genre. I love how weekly I can watch, listen and participate in the sound being formed, a community growing from each others achievements and contributing to the success of the scene and its ever evolving artists. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments